- 1 cup blanched almond flour (Honeyville)
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 2 Tbsp Swerve granulated sweetener or granulated erythritol
- 1 tsp guar or xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, well-chilled and cut into small chunks
- 2 to 4 Tbsp ice water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. For the crust, combine almond flour, GF all purpose flour, Swerve, xanthan gum, and salt, in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
3. Sprinkle butter in, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. With processor running on low, add ice water 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough begins to clump together. 2 Tbs worked for me.
5. Cover work surface with a large sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle with almond flour. Turn out dough and form into a square (or disk for a pie).
6. Sprinkle with additional almond flour and top with another piece of parchment, then carefully roll out in all directions to form a 9 by 9 inch square (or 10-inch circle for a pie).
7. Place in 8 by 8 pan (or a pie tin).
8. Poke some holes in the bottom of crust with a fork.
9. Bake 13 to 15 minutes. If you can cover the crust edges with foil after they have browned, you can add more time to let the bottom of the crust get slightly brown. Cool on rack when done.
Ingredients for Filling
- 12 oz cream cheese (full fat) room temperature
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 9 Tbsps Swerve or granular erythritol
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, lime juice, and sweetener, with a hand mixer until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream.
3. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Scoop into the cooled down crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
Top with toasted coconut before refrigerating. On a sheet pan, spread out 1/4 cup of unsweetened fine coconut. Toast for 2 to 3 minutes in a 350° oven. Be careful not to burn the coconut. Remove from oven and let it cool. After it has cooled, place in a bowl and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water and mix until moist. Add 1 teaspoon of powdered erythritol and 1 drop of E-Z Sweetz liquid sucralose and mix well. Whatever amount doesn't get used, keep the remainder in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Total carbs is 33.6g for the entire recipe. If cutting into 16 squares, each square would be 2.1g. If making a pie and cutting into 8 slices, the carb count would be 4.2g per slice.
To print this recipe, follow the instructions on my sidebar and go to Print Friendly!