Saturday, August 24, 2013

Lemon Cream Cheese Cups - Low Carb (UPDATED)


I liked my Cannoli Cups recipe a lot, so I decided to make the crust again from that recipe, but using a different filling. This filling is another easy one with only 4 ingredients. Although the crust makes 24 mini muffin cups, half of them were filled with the Cannoli cream, and the other half were filled with the Lemon Cream Cheese mixture. The amounts for the mixture here are based on 12 mini muffin cups crust.

Ingredients (updated)
  • 4 oz cream cheese (full fat) room temperature (8 oz for pie filling)
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice (2 Tbsp for pie filling)
  • 3 Tbsps Swerve or granular erythritol (6 Tbsp for pie filling)
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream (1/2 cup for pie filling)
Directions (updated)
  1. In a bowl, beat all ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
  2. Pipe or spoon into the 12 mini crust cups. There might be some mixture remaining, refrigerate and save it for later, or dive right on in (that's what I did!).
Notes
Each Lemon Cream Cheese Cup has 1.4g net carbs.
My original directions called for whipping the heavy cream in a separate bowl and then folding into the rest of the ingredients. Today I made this as a pie and forgot to do that step. Instead, everything was mixed in one bowl, and I'm happy to say that the filling tastes even better and much lighter than my original!


To print this recipe, follow the instructions on my sidebar and go to Print Friendly!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... these sound wonderful. I'll have to make some after a quick trip to the grocery store. Thanks Sandi for starting this great blog!
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete