Monday, November 18, 2013

Maple Walnut Biscotti


Tomorrow is my Birthday, and I needed to whip up some snacks, so I don't get tempted to indulge in the carby desserts.
Okay, so I think I've come up with my new favorite flavor for biscotti. I passed on making a glaze for this, just in case I want to dip this into my coffee!

Ingredients
2 cups Almond Flour
1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener (or granulated erythritol)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (add more if you like it nutty)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg, lightly beaten 
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp maple extract
2 Tbsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup (I use Walden Farms Pancake Syrup)

Directions
Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, Swerve, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
Stir in the chopped walnuts, melted butter, egg, vanilla extract, maple extract, and Sugar Free Maple syrup, until the dough blends together.
Place dough onto parchment lined baking sheet and form into a flat log 3 inches wide by 11 inches in length. Pat the ends of the length so that the slices will be consistent, sort of making it rectangular instead of rounded ends.
Bake 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F.
When cooled, cut into 14 even slices. Put slices back onto baking sheet cut-side down and bake for 15 minutes, then flip each slice and bake for another 15 minutes. Turn oven off and let biscotti sit inside until cool. I leave my oven door slightly open to cool it down quicker.

Notes
14 Servings. Total net carbs for full recipe is 20g. Figuring 14 servings, each serving would be 1.4g net carbs. These amounts are based on the ingredients that I used.


To print this recipe, follow the instructions on my sidebar and go to Print Friendly!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good Sandi! I have not yet tried biscotti, but keep intending to. On my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this one for the Holidays because I love Biscotti!

    Love
    your sister
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Happy Birthday for tomorrow, Sandi. May you have many, many more and a happy birthday week as well. :)

    ReplyDelete